Re: opening activities

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 01 2000 - 11:17:08 PDT

My students often hear me say,"Today's art class is being brought
to you by" ...a shape, or a color, or an art term, artist, whatever I
choose for the day or week. Or you can make up names for TV channels and
programs related to art and pretend you are the commentator for the day. (I
saw a cartoon many years ago where a teacher had a cut out model of a TV
screen proped on his desk and he put himself in the frame border as he
taught the class.) Three years ago my student teaacher had me do a Barbara
Walters impersonation and interview him in costume as an eccentric
contemporary artist. You might ask some of your talented intermediate level
students to be a drama sketch team with you and present little artistic
vignettes to the primary children. Children like to dress up and write
scripts.

Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus

|Hi. I'm interested in what all you elementary teachers do to signal the
|beginning of class.
Any ideas out there?