batik and tea bags

---------

From: Aaron and Jennifer (THEGREEN99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 01 2000 - 15:33:15 PDT

Okay maybe it is not really batik. We are studying lines. I have a ton of
tea bags - tea that I will never drink. I think that you can dye fabric
using tea bags. I saw it on this list somewhere. (Checked the archives - no
luck) Then I was thinking what about using wax (?) to create some line
designs before dying. Can someone help me put the "pieces" together? Can
this really be done? I have some concerns regarding melted wax, too. After
melting wax, isn't in a cool liquid state for awhile? What about fumes?
Would this to be "hazardous" for elementary?

Jennifer in Michigan