opening activities

---------

From: Litesal (litesal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 01 2000 - 14:17:52 PDT

Hi. I'm interested in what all you elementary teachers do to signal the
beginning of class. All these years I've been starting with, "Today we're. .
," or, "Last week we . . .," but I've been rethinking this. My student
teacher starts with, "Good morning ___ graders!" and they say, "Good
morning____" in a sing song voice. It's a nice signal to settle down and
begin, but it's just not me. Any ideas out there?

Leah

I had never really thought about it before, but I always start class with a "Who can tell me..." and have a quick review over prior concepts and vocabulary words.
~Michal