porfolios

---------

From: Yvette Lewis (yvlewis_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 01 2000 - 14:12:13 PDT

In my HS studio art foundation classes,I am also doing an electronic
porfolio. I have both hyperstudio and
powerpoint available.

I am not sure if I should just use one or have both
available. This will compliment and not replace the portfolio of
actual art work. In addition the students have a notebook with handouts,

rubrics, and assignments separated into seven sections: Contract,
Elements and
principles of Design, Material and Tecniques, Artists and Art History,
Assessement, Sketchbook Assignments and Miscelaneous, that is
included as art of the whole portfolio.They also have a separate
sketchbook for at
home assignments. The process folder will be used to keep all work
during
the year. Now, I am working through exactly the purpose of the
electronic
portfolio, so I can decide what to include. Part of my approach is to
include students in
this decision making process. They also will have two computer
projects. Also how much disk space the portfolio will need so I can
order that number
of disks per student. I would be very willing to share with anyone else
doing an electronic
portfolio what is working and what is not. Some of the issues I am
working on right now is file management for the students and setting up
time on
the computer. I have two G4's in my room with Appleworks and Photoshop
and the two
slideshow presentation programs Hyperstudio and PowerPoint.
Yvette