Re: BFA(?) or BSED(?) for ArtTeachers

---------

From: Dave Wuerffel (wuerfeld_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 01 2000 - 11:39:02 PDT

In Minnesota in order to substitute you need a Bachelor's Degree and
criminal background check (fingerprinting, etc).It takes about 8 weeks + to
get the license ( and it is for one year). Of course, every district has
special requirements with respect to seminars on sexual harassment and other
procedures.
I have subbed and still do when I can. There are great subs out there.
When you find an art sub make sure you request them specifically or you will
get the luck of the draw. Here we follow specific plans from the teachers
and school guidelines. Personally, I enjoy the variety of students and the
challenges.
Jayne