Re: Music reward and punishment?

---------

From: croberts (croberts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 01 2000 - 07:43:48 PDT

This message reminded me of one middle school class I had a few years back
and music just would not work for this class. I had one student who talked
very loudly and just would never be quiet. I tried playing music for this
class, but it just didn't work... so I stopped. This particular student was
one of the biggest complainers about "my" type of music.... said it hurt his
ears to listen to it.

From then on...everytime I had a problem with this student not quieting
down, I would put "my" music on... and when he complained... I'd tell him
I'd turn it off, if HE would! It worked.
Carolyn