Re: A Day Without Art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
L Skeen (lpskeen@living-tree.net)
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:11:32 -0500

Mbhirst wrote:

> Are any of you planning to recognize the event tomorrow? Do we dare do
> anything in public schools? I want to...

I believe that the A Day Without Art event can be tackled in the public
schools. Students are taught about HIV prevention in health classes; it
follows that they should learn the results of a LACK of prevention. Wear
black and a red ribbon, or a black armband. Explain the event and why it is
happening/necessary. Cover artwork on bulletin boards with black construction
paper. If you have an Art Club, get them in on it.

Lisa