RE: cancelled field trip

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
D Sterner (dsterner)
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 19:07:13 -0500

Very often museums have an education department that are eager to help by
visiting classrooms or sending packets of information for classroom use.
Conact your local museum or visit their website for more information. Our
local museum offers lots in that area and I have been able to take
advantage of so much. Don't limit yourself to big name galleries either;
one little museum here has a huge education department and they are eager
to help.

Museum education is a big thing as of late as they are seeking to broaden
their scope of visitors and enhance the gallery experience of those who
might feel intimidated or unwelcome in that venue. They are going to great
lengths to be helpful to schools and community centers as well.

-=deb=- in New York
--To respond to me directly click on dsterner
Don't forget to see my students
http://www.geocities.com/athens/oracle/1594

-----Original Message-----
From: Sue Stewart [SMTP:Sue_Stewart]
Sent: Monday, November 29, 1999 5:47 PM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: Re: cancelled field trip

Jennifer, do you have a local gallery owner who would bring in some
original things and talk to the kids - even limited edition prints are
pretty thrilling for the uninformed sometimes - I have a frame shop owner
who does a great job - she explains the prints and how they are made from
originals.

Sue E. Stewart
Sumner High School

---
You are currently subscribed to artsednet as: dsterner