Re: First-time Painters..an objective choice

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Joseph Augusta (jaugusta)
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 07:14:51 -0500

Larry Seiler wrote:

> > Here's the secret of making art, and other things too:
> > Find out what you do best, and stick to it---and what
> > you do best is what comes easiest to you.
> > Joseph
>
> It had occurred to me that in a way, what is suggested falls in line with
> those that believe art skills are a talent born to those fortunate few.

You're confusing art here with an innate ability for accurate graphic
representation--ie., the fact that some people are born with the talent
necessary to draw, paint, or sculpt an object realistically. That's not
art---that represents potential only---but it's mother nature's way of showing
you what you're wired to do--your move next!

Best wishes,
Joseph