Re: allergies, etc.

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 13:55:08 -0600

Lisa,
My one million dollar liability insurance is an automatic benefit of
NEA membership. It's worth every penny. In this sue happy world, you never
know when some parent will get the idea to bring charges. Don't listen
if they
tell you that the school board covers you. They do, but their lawyers
will settle
for the best deal they can get for the BOE. In "tort" liability the
blame is
divided up by percentages depending upon the courts idea of the percent of
responsibility you share. A three million dollar settlement might cost
you
$300,000.00 if you were only 10% liable. The NEA "union" lawyer only settles
when you are satisfied, they are your lawyers and are working for you.
If I'm wrong on this one someone let me know, Woody in KC
I also carry a million dollar umbrella policy to cover things away from school.
It costs $140.00 extra each year for the piece of mind that our
retirement funds
and real estate won't be sucked up in some lawsuit.

--
                I'm from Kansas, where evolution is outlawed
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail