Re: Artists as heros

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Joseph Augusta (jaugusta)
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 09:04:03 -0500

Dennis Freeman wrote:

> I know Joseph already posted some good ones, with an emphasis on the 20th c.
> Here are some more:

Excellent picks Dennis! My own personal opinion, after studying Lee Krasner's
paintings done after Pollock killed himself, is that Krasner, though not as
inventive as he in his drip paintings, was a much better painter--Look at her
late paintings-- they'll knock your socks off--also, Pollock's paintings in the
50's simply follow her work.

Best wishes,
Joseph