Artists as heros

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sharon Heneborn (heneborn)
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 23:38:58 -0500

Andy Warhol: When he discovered he had the pigmentosis he decided to
make the white hair and sunglasses his trademark instead of trying to
hide the white hair and sensitive eyes.
Probably the English teacher will not see Andy as a role model. Oh
well, just a thought. Andy also did an important series of silk
screens on endangered species. Also a series on drunk driving which
I use for DARE

Keith Haring and his work supporting social causes, antinuclear
leaflets, Free South Africa posters, literacy and anti smoking/drugs
campaign. (also a good DARE artist)

Winslow Homer was a war correspondent

Any of the Mexican Muralist for raising the consciousness of the world
about the treatment of workers and the indigenous people.
----------
>From: Ann Wilschke <awilschk.us>
>Subject: Artists as heros
>Date: Tue, Nov 23, 1999, 10:57 AM

> Help! Our eighth graders research and present speeches about heros.
> e.i. Frank Lloyd Wright---earthquake proof buildings, etc.
> Frida Kahlo---overcoming personal health issues
> Miriam Shapiro---forwarding the cause of women artists and
> their tradional work.

> So can you all please send me some other ideas???? Thanks in advance.
> Hope you all have a great long weekend and enjoy your blessings. This
> list is one of mine!
> Ann Wilschke, Upton Middle School, St. Joseph, Michigan

  • Reply: Joseph Augusta: "Re: Artists as heros"
  • Reply: John Kupcinski: "Re: Artists as heros"