Re: First-time Painters

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Joseph Augusta (jaugusta)
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 17:47:23 -0500

Christa Wise wrote:

> They are ready with canvases, brushes, and paints. How do I make it
> sure-fire successful?

One thing is to tell them to try to keep the colors clean--red, yellow, blue,
green etc, each in their own place on the canvas---and not to mix them
together--they avoid mud this way. Not to fuss over any area too much, and
this is important: make them lock their wrist--so they have to paint with the
motion of their arm--can't miss if they do this--if you have easels, make them
stand an arm's length away from it--this frees them from thinking a paint brush
is just like a pencil---and all the problems that go along with that.

Happy, happy---
Joseph