"Organic Shape Mistakes"
1. Mix some paint in a small cup of water. Make sure it is dark enough to
show up on your paper.
2. "Spill" your paint onto your paper. Watch as your puddle forms an organic
or free form shape! You can carefully tilt the paper different directions to
spread your spill, if you like.
3. Allow your organic shape to dry.
4. Study your organic shape and use your imagination. Turn your paper all
different directions. What do you see?
5. Now use your Colorific markers, watercolor pencils, colored pencils, or
erasable crayons to turn your shape into a work of art.
1. Have a friend make a scribble line on your piece of paper using a
Colorific marker, colored pencil etc..... You do the same on his/hers. Or you
can do your own.
2. Now let your imagination run wild! What do you see? Follow same
instructions as above.
This can be used as a study for them to try this design on their canvas. I
have been doing quick, small, watercolors lately, and picking out which ones
I think would be good done up bigger & on canvas. Right now I am doing a 24"
X 48" acrylic, and the idea came from a 6 "X 12" watercolor I did recently.
--- You are currently subscribed to artsednet as: hm-aen.edu To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-artsednet-4261K