Re: Grades

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Christa Wise (cwise.us)
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 08:44:15 -0500

Jill,
Your description of yourself fits me, too.

If a student negociates in a "what if" situation, e.g. "What if I don't
turn in this last assignment. I don't have enough time/interest/care to do
it. I just can't dooo it," they whine. "What will my grade be?,
particularly if he/she is being surly, I have a reply.

I usually smile my motherly smile and say "flunk you." There is always a
double-take usually followed by a laugh (often by someone standing nearby)
and an "Oh."

Try it. It is deliciously naughty.
Christa