Re: Pre-service training

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Lisa Skeen (lpskeen@living-tree.net)
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 11:07:40 -0500

The Austin's wrote:

> I did learn a TON of education/art education theories - not real practical
> knowledge on the job. I pretty much felt like a soldier who was taught the
> history of war and theories on how to fight, and then dumped on the battle
> front and was expected to know how to fight.

EXACTLY! We had a class called "Foundations of Education". I passed it, but I
can't tell you to this day what it was about or what connection is has to
teaching. The only thing I can figure is, the professor was tenured and they
had to let him teach SOMETHING, so he "taught" the book he wrote.

--
Lisa Skeen http://www.living-tree.net
Living Tree Pottery & Handmade Soaps    Summerfield, NC