Re: Pre-service training

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
ricki fromkin (fromkinr)
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 17:44:04 -0500

Lisa Skeen wrote:

> Jdecker.US wrote:
>
> > I am still looking for ideas to better educate pre-service teachers for all of the extra duties of teaching<snip>

I think more in classroom training is needed. Instead of all the
education courses taught in college, or as a supplement, students should
begin their student teaching experience sooner, or maybe a pre-student
teaching experience, where the student can actually work hands on with
the teacher.

Maybe they could also be a teachers aid for a semester.
Ricki