Re: KIDS WHO NEVER FINISH :(

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Linda Kelty (lckelty)
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 22:06:05 -0500

Have you thought about putting a different emphasis on the recess time?
Rather than taking away their play time, ask if they'd like the privelege of
having extra time to work on their beautiful piece since it's obvious to you
how important it is to them. I have kids who sign up to come in for just
that reason all the time.
For those who are super meticulous, sometimes I adjust the curriculum
requirements to allow them more time on a project they have invested
themselves in. It might be to shorten or eliminate another assignment if
there is evidence that they understand the criteria in the work they are
involved in. There is always room to make an exception for exceptional
cases. Hope this helps, Linda K.

I'm trying to collect some ideas on what to do with the student who NEVER