Re: Grades

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
J Baas (wjbaas)
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 20:44:11 -0600

Hi Jill
I, too would love to hear some of the zingers.I'm frustrated with a group of
immature freshmen that are not interested in anything, don't want to do
anything and try to ruin stuff by marking on eachother's stuff, bending
aluminum rulers in half talking while I give instructions etc. With no admin.
support , I can't send them to the head kahuna, he turns it allo around and
makes it my fault. I have 6 failures 1st quarter out of 24 students and that's
if they all show up. Calling parents produces lots of swearing at me. Wait till
the tally of failures goes upstairs. Man it will be atom bomb time and you know
who will be on the hot seat. Thought I had it all under control for the last 2
days . Hubby went deer hunting so stayed to do some cleaning up and saw a
pencil stuck in the cieling tile. God that makes me so mad when kids do stuff
like that.----deliberate destruction.
I know you teaqch in a difficult situation to so thanks for letting me
share.
Re the burnout thing-am taking a casting class -made my first GOLD ring with a
stone in it-------these are a group of retired(some teachers) folk and some
really cool folk. They renew my spirit.----------so do you! Keep it up-you're a
breath of freswh air!
Jeanne in Wisc.