RE: elementary color activity

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Julie Brady (jbrady)
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 12:21:00 -0500 (EST)

Deb wrote:

> pass out 12"x 18"
> white paper and the black glue bottles. I emphasize to students that if
>they make a mistake they
> should make it part of the artwork and not to try to wipe off their
>mistake as it will leave an
> "ugly" black smear. Let the glue drawings dry flat. Once the glue is
>dry, we begin painting!

I used this same method when I did Picasso self portraits with my first
graders. We looked at some of his portraits and talked about Cubism. We
drew our eyes, nose and mouth in angular, "weird" shapes. Then we drew two
lines that went through the face from one edge of the paper to the other.
We traced these lines with the black glue and then used watercolors when
they dried. They turned out wonderful and the kids loved them!

Julie