Re: teacher burn out reply

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 08:19:29 -0500

Brenda Neel wrote:
> 3rd period
> Art I
> Art II
> Art III
> Journalism I
> Journalism II
> Journalism III

So I am confused, does this mean that you have to teach art and
journalism to two different classes in the same room at the same
time? How many students does this make during one class? It sounds
as though the person who scheduled the time didn't pay atten. to who
was teaching the classes, possibly ignorant that it was one person.
Print this out and talk to your administrator. Ask if the science
teacher is expected to teach biology and chemistry to 2 classes, at
the same time, in the same classroom. Or the math teacher to teach
at the same time if they give you grief. They probably won't do
anything and say, "well, we can't do anything about it now". However
if you don't put up a stink then they think it's okay. Also see if
you could do one of the classes during afterschool or freetime (if
you have any).
sandra