Re: Online Graduate Class

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Lynne C. Wilson (lynnew)
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 21:49:42 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01BF3145.A7C25AE0

Hi,=20

I took the other online course last spring and really enjoyed it. Please =
keep me posted on the new course you are offering and when it will be. I =
have moved and have a new e-mail address. How much will the course cost? =
My new e-mail address is lynnew. My name is Lynne Wilson.
-----Original Message-----
From: Mary Erickson <Mary.Erickson>
To: ArtsEdNet Talk <artsednet>
Cc: michael.sullivan <michael.sullivan>; =
Faith.clover <Faith.clover>
Date: Tuesday, November 16, 1999 10:17 AM
Subject: Online Graduate Class
=20
Greetings,
=20
Lately on this listserv here has been some interest expressed in =
distance learning courses in art education. I'd like to take this =
opoortunity to announce that Arizona State University will be offering =
an online course next fall entirely electronically. The course is Art =
Appreciation and Human Development. We are pilot testing a half-live, =
half-electronic version this semester. We're posting a revised version =
for the spring so we can work out any bugs. The instruction and =
self-test feedback will all be online. There will be weekly threaded =
discussions, as well as two major projects.=20
=20
The course objectives are:
1. Students analyze the their own and others' appreciation of art.
2. Students seek information about specific artworks, the persons =
who made them, and the contexts in which they were made, as well as =
construct informed interpretations of specific artworks and seek build =
connections between those artworks and others.
3. Students apply developmental theory and inquiry in art to an =
instructional or non instructional project focused on their own or =
others' appreciation of art.
=20
We have been fortunate in having received Getty support in =
developing this course, which exploits lots of the material posted on =
ArtsEdNet.=20
=20
=20
I'll keep you posted as the Fall 2000 semester approaches.
=20
Mary Erickson
=20
=20
=20
=20
Mary Erickson
m.erickson
Arizona State University=20

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01BF3145.A7C25AE0

Hi,

I took the other online course last spring and = really enjoyed=20 it. Please keep me posted on the new course you are offering and when it = will=20 be. I have moved and have a new e-mail address. How much will the course = cost?=20 My new e-mail address is lynnew. My name is = Lynne=20 Wilson.
-----Original = Message-----