Re: Online Graduate Class

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Dianna (dmammone)
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 22:40:56 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_005D_01BF3083.A5701BA0

I'm very interested. Please keep me appraised.
Sincerely,
Dianna Mammone
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Mary Erickson=20
To: ArtsEdNet Talk=20
Cc: michael.sullivan ; Faith.clover=20
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 1999 9:44 AM
Subject: Online Graduate Class

Greetings,

Lately on this listserv here has been some interest expressed in =
distance learning courses in art education. I'd like to take this =
opoortunity to announce that Arizona State University will be offering =
an online course next fall entirely electronically. The course is Art =
Appreciation and Human Development. We are pilot testing a half-live, =
half-electronic version this semester. We're posting a revised version =
for the spring so we can work out any bugs. The instruction and =
self-test feedback will all be online. There will be weekly threaded =
discussions, as well as two major projects.=20

The course objectives are:
1. Students analyze the their own and others' appreciation of art.
2. Students seek information about specific artworks, the persons who =
made them, and the contexts in which they were made, as well as =
construct informed interpretations of specific artworks and seek build =
connections between those artworks and others.
3. Students apply developmental theory and inquiry in art to an =
instructional or non instructional project focused on their own or =
others' appreciation of art.

We have been fortunate in having received Getty support in developing =
this course, which exploits lots of the material posted on ArtsEdNet.=20

I'll keep you posted as the Fall 2000 semester approaches.

Mary Erickson

Mary Erickson
m.erickson
Arizona State University=20

------=_NextPart_000_005D_01BF3083.A5701BA0

I'm very interested.  Please keep = me=20 appraised.
Sincerely,
Dianna Mammone