RE: multiculturalism

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kimberly Anne Herbert (kimberly)
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 17:17:09 -0600

I prefer when our other culture exhibit each summer focuses on one artist
than one a whole culture. This summer the kids really wanted to learn about
Chinese written language because our artist Chi Watts was inspired by the
similarities to the calligraphy she learned as a child and abstract
expressionism. I think they got a much more realistic view of one part of
Chinese culture from that than they did from the Czech exhibit we did the
year before.
Kimberly Herbert
CAM Administrator

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron and Jennifer [THEGREEN99]
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 1999 5:03 PM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: Re: multiculturalism

One thing I am trying to do, although I am not sure it is
multi-culturism, is "tackle" artists from different countries. I am keeping
a mental map, at the moment because I have not found one for my purpose, and
I put a mental red dot on each country I have discussed in my class via
artist. It is not multiculturism, but in a way, it gives my students a
chance to look at artists from different countries (and locate them on the
map - nothing like a little geography) and cultures.

Jennifer in Michigan

---
You are currently subscribed to artsednet as: kimberly