RE: Culture on canvas

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
D Sterner (dsterner)
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 15:41:26 -0500

I read, with interest, the article you posted as a link and in return I am
posting the URL to the Heard Museum:
http://www.heard.org/

"The Heard Museum in Phoenix, Arizona, is a private, non-profit museum
founded in 1929 by Dwight B. and Maie Bartlett Heard to house their
personal collection of cultural and fine art. The mission and philosophy of
the Heard today is to promote appreciation and respect for Native people
and their cultural heritage, with emphasis on the traditional cultures of
the Greater Southwest and on the evolving Native American Fine Art
Movement." Quoted from their page.

There is an education link too and I thought it was wonderful.
-=deb=-

-----Original Message-----
From: KtownLady [SMTP:KtownLady]
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 1999 1:04 PM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: Culture on canvas

Interested in Native American Art? Please read this article which was
printed
in the Sunday, 11/13/99 edition of the Arizona Republic. Lots to think a
bout.

http://www.azcentral.com/rep/stories2/1112heard14.html

Christine Merriam
Kayenta Intermediate School
Kayenta, AZ

---
You are currently subscribed to artsednet as: dsterner