Re: artsednet digest: November 10, 1999

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Christa Wise (cwise.us)
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 07:45:25 -0500

As a concentration for her AP portfolio, one of my students made a 1' x 6'
tile wall mural. She rolled her own slabs from the same batch of red clay
and incised a panoramic view of our little town. She worked from a drawing
she made from photos she took atop one of the highest dunes in our area.
The piece was bisqued then fired carefully to maturity without glaze. As a
textural surface was her goal, a final rubbing and buffing with dark brown
shoe polish put a patina on the relief.
It looks quite wonderful installed in our new main office plus she scored a
4 on her AP drawing (yes, drawing) portfolio.