Re: Eealy Head Start

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kimberly Anne Herbert (kimberly)
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 06:00:37 -0600

The most popular activity we've done with this age group is life-size
selfportraits. I hand-out different supplies as kids and parents get bored with
what they are using. I start with markers, then fabric, then crayons, then tissue
paper ect. The parents really talk with their kids while doing this project.
The worst activity we've done with this age group is fingerpaint. Many of the
kids HATE it. I've had parents force their child's hands into the paint. The
children often cried, because they were frieghtened. I refuse to schedual
fingerpainting for children under four (even then I have alternatives for kids
who don't like the feel).
Kimberly Herbert
CAM Administrator

--
"A room without books is like a body without a soul" - Cicero
Page me through ICQ http://wwp.icq.com/28986800 - Home