Re: Switching? NO WAY!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Lawrence A. Parker/OCCTI (occti)
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 08:32:37 -0500

> Charlotte Griswold wrote:
> > I sure hope that this is a big error...I think that most people will
> > find that chat will not be as conducive to sharing as this list. And
> > trust me, the spelling will be way worse! ;)
> Well, that settles it! I'm staying here!
> Maggie

Why are people perceiving this as an 'either/or' situation? In 'real life',
we use telephones, pencil and paper mail, conference rooms, and fences to
communicate. Why not both lists and chat rooms? Belonging to either one
does not prohibit one from belonging, or participating in, the other. If
you can't make a scheduled chat, you don't make it. I don't think anyone's
keeping attendance. Certainly, there are a lot of posts on the list to
which many of us do not respond. I haven't noticed the list falling apart
for that.

Larry