Re: Department Head

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fran Marze (fmaiu+@pitt.edu)
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 18:24:26 -0500 (EST)

I am dept chair of fine and practical arts: 16 teachers--family and
consumer science, art, music and industrical tech. I have one period a day
for dept duties; one day a week we have a meeting with the principal.
However, sometimes I have to cover classes either first which is our dept
chair period or my planning period if we are stretched with no subs. I am
also compensated. I have to be sure to collect all of the various
paperwork things, such as interim grades, grades, budget, bring up issues
that are important. All of dept chairs at hs are teachers and do no
administrative duties such as observing. We all have full class loads. In
a 8 period day, 5 periods of class, one of duty/lunch, one planning, on
dept chair. Fran