RE: Digital Camera in Classroom

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
D Sterner (dsterner)
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 17:34:08 -0500

Carolyn Roberts;
I agree! The ease of use is what makes the sony products #1 in sales. The
resolution is just fine for classroom use. Just like buying a computer -
this stuff can make you crazy. I even bought a $90 digital camera for my
nephew. It looks and feels like a toy, but the kid is using it and
learning! It's called the "JamCam" and it was worth it

-----Original Message-----
From: croberts [SMTP:b2w6w4kn]
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 1999 4:37 PM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: Re: Digital Camera in Classroom

The best one for my class is the Sony Mavica with zoom lens. This way
students can pop in their individual disk, run around and take their
photos,
then remove the disk. They can be working with their disk while the next
person is using the camera. No "down load" time.

Some time ago, some one on the list suggested that Sony has not "kept up
the
times" with their camera, however, I talked to a professional digital
photographer at the NC Arts Conference and he said he didn't understand how
anyone could want better resolutions that what Sony provides.

Carolyn Roberts

>Anyone have a particular digital camera they would recommend: quality for
good
>price?
>--Carla

---
You are currently subscribed to artsednet as: dsterner