Re: Have Advice on Working towards Masters??

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Lisa Skeen (
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 23:24:15 -0500

Larry Seiler wrote:

> I've been encouraged by our administration to consider working towards a
> masters degree.
> I live in a far northern Wisconsin logging community, 4-1/2 and 5 hours
> from the nearest university that has any type of an arts master's degree.
> At my age...teaching k12 art, I can't imagine what a difficult undertaking
> this path would be.
> I was wondering if in this day and age where the internet has made the
> world a bit smaller, and scanners can put a work's immediate progress out
> there for critique...if any universities are experimenting with distance
> learning to accomodate the teacher? Or...other arrangements. Interested
> in your thoughts.
> thanks....

One of the U's of Vermont has an online MFA program. You have to spend 9 days
in residence in fall and 9 days IR in the spring, otherwise, you work at
home. They do have a website, but I lost all my bookmarks when I changed
email programs. Good luck!

Lisa Skeen

Living Tree Pottery & Handmade Soaps

Summerfield, NC

"They call it 'PMS' because 'Mad Cow Disease' was already taken."