RE: Digital Camera in Classroom

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
D Sterner (dsterner)
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 21:01:32 -0500

I took frontal and profile portraits of my high school kids, then printed
the images. From the prints we cut out the positive image of the student
and used it as a template to make value studies. It was amazing to see the
care and skill to get the values "just right" when the image was their own.
This approach was far more motivational than the usual value boxes. Many
students were very critical, wanting to get the values just right. I am
using this strategy in many more areas as well...HECK! as long as it works!
-=deb=-

-----Original Message-----
From: croberts [SMTP:b2w6w4kn]
Sent: Saturday, November 13, 1999 7:06 PM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: Digital Camera in Classroom

I wanted to share an idea of one way that I use a digital camera in the
classroom to benefit me and the students.

In one of my advanced HS art classes, it seems as if students are always
working on different projects...so having each student photo his work and
save on their disk is very helpful when it comes to grading or evaluating
their work. Also, it helps them to remember what they've worked on during
the quarter or semester, especially when some of them keep taking their
work
home.

The other day, after grades came out, one student found a lot of his work
that he had put up on a shelf, forgotten about it, and never finished.

If you have some other ideas for using digital camera in classroom, please
share.

Carolyn Roberts
Kinston High School
Kinston NC

---
You are currently subscribed to artsednet as: dsterner