Re: powdered tempera ideas

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
MPBC90
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 20:28:18 EST

Dear Betsy,
I, too, have this supply of old powdered tempera that I am loath to just
throw out. Add to my dilemna the fact that it is almost ALL turquoise blue!
I'm thinking underwater mural...but I know it is not going to mix well, as I
already tried some. I did hear about sprinkling it into sand for Indian sand
paintings (white sand, bought in bulk) for added colors! Any other ideas
would be appreciated here, too!
MP

Subject: powdered tempera
From: Rick <rlarson>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:02:08 -0500

I really want to use up the powdered tempera I have stored for years.
It makes Lousy paint when mixed. What are some other ideas for using it
up? I CAN'T pitch it. The art teacher in me won't let me. Thanks for
your ideas (PS I use the living colors tempera by Hammett for the
students. I find it works really well, never separates or gets chunky.
and it
s priced right!) It's the little things in life.... Betsy