RE: Teaching value to 2nd graders

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Andy Chapman (akchap)
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 13:06:10 -0800

That's such a neat idea. Thank you. I think I'll use jumbo craft sticks with
black and white paint.

Karen

Andy and Karen Chapman.
Tel: 425-823-2385
Email: akchap

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick [rlarson]
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 1999 5:25 PM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: Re: Teaching value to 2nd graders

Hi, I did something in 2nd that you could adapt. We were learning tints and
everyone got 5wooden spoon sticks to create a different tint of the color we
were using ( magenta)
They had to go from the pure color to four more variations of the color
adding
white. Each time they mixed a different tint, they painted the wooden
spoon.The next class I had them bring their spoons to a large square of
painted (white)cardboard and we started with the darkest to the lightest
putting them in a radial format. It looked really neat when they were done-
Someone had given me a ton of these spoons, it was a great way to use them
up.
Hope this makes sense. A really long day..! Betsy

Karen Chapman wrote:

> I am a parent and a volunteer art docent at a local elementary school. I
> have been asked to give a class on value, including a short project for
> them to do. I shall be using some of Ansel Adams photographs as well as
> some sketches. Does anyone have some good ideas on how to present this to
> such young children, and especially a fun project for them to do?
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to artsednet as: rlarson

You are currently subscribed to artsednet as: akchap