Re: what do you wear to work? "dressing for success" and dressing to make ar...

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Holly112
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 00:07:59 EST

In a message dated 11/12/1999 4:54:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jwoodin.us writes:

<< Just wondering what other arts educators wear when they teach. My
> school requires "professional dress." I'd like to wear messy, studio
clothes
> so I can relax about getting paint and plaster on my presentable clothes.

Professional dress can also include aprons or "lab coats" that cover
and/or protect your valuable clothes. If your school requires
"professional dress" see if they will spring for some "professional"
cover-up articles for you to wear while you teach. >>

My cheap school would never pay for an apron or a lab coat, regardless of
their busting my chops for professional dress! I have my own but the room is
blasting hot from the sun and the heating system, so I prefer not to cover
up! I wear(cotton-its breathable) short sleeves most of the year! Let them
find somebody else who would do as good a job for so little pay under my
conditions!!!! (30 students per class, 22 classes in 3 1/2 days, 3 preps per
week, no sink in the room, share with everyone--its an all purpose room.
Every paper has to be locked every day!