ansel adams - value and 2nd grade

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
MPBC90
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:34:19 EST

Dear Karen,
While showing them some of Ansel Adams beautiful landscape photos, instead of
pointing out particulars at first, let them LOOK for a while, and ask "Where
would YOU like to be if you could be IN this photograph?" Let them respond.
Just a start, with young children viewing art.
MP

>Subject: Teaching value to 2nd graders
From: "Karen Chapman" <akchap>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 16:57:6

I am a parent and a volunteer art docent at a local elementary school. I
have been asked to give a class on value, including a short project for
them to do. I shall be using some of Ansel Adams photographs as well as
some sketches. Does anyone have some good ideas on how to present this to
such young children, and especially a fun project for them to do?