RE: (no subject)

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Julie Brady (jbrady)
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 13:42:30 -0500 (EST)

Patti wrote:
>If a teacher can't be effective in rendering a "stick figure", or a contour
>drawing,
>or a sketch with shade and shadow that is fairly realistic,
>why try teach something you can't do?

I am not sure if you were referring to my earlier posting about art
teachers / artists, but if you were, I think I may have been misunderstood.
I meant teachers in general ("regular classroom" teachers). There are
wonderful teachers that couldn't teach art, and than there are wonderful
artists that could never teach. I agree that a teacher of art must have
the background and skills to teach it, that was my original point - an art
teacher needs to have a balance of both.

Julie

  • Reply: Artystyc3: "Re: RE: (no subject)"