Re: Signatures

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Joseph Augusta (jaugusta)
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 07:34:06 -0500

Litesal wrote:

> I still can't find a place to sign my finished work, though, I'm used to
> it the way it is!

Probably the most obstrusive signature I've encountered is on Piet Mondrian's
last geometric paintings. You have all these elegant squares and rectangles
in beautifully arranged colors and way down in the bottom righthand corner is
this big ugly PM in black! It's curious though--looking at his signature, in
contrast to the painting--is in a way like one man's "rage against the
machine"--in this case one he himself created.

Best wishes,
Joseph