Re: contemporary art and non art majors

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 21:14:55 -0700

Onevans wrote:

> I'm looking for information regarding the teaching of contemporary art to
> non-art majors at the college level. (this could include grades 9-12 HS as
> well).
> any references such as articles, books, suggestions or comments would be
> appreciated.

I picked up a wonderful small book in SF when the NAEA convention
was there. It's called An Usborne Introduction _Understanding
Modern Art_, by Bohn-Duchen and Cook. It is published by EDC
Publishing in Tulsa. I couldn't find an ISBN # on it. At 64
pages, it's a very friendly and non-threatening intro to modern
art. It was only $7.95.

Maggie