Re: Teaching value to 2nd graders

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Rick (rlarson)
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 20:25:10 -0500

Hi, I did something in 2nd that you could adapt. We were learning tints and
everyone got 5wooden spoon sticks to create a different tint of the color we
were using ( magenta)
They had to go from the pure color to four more variations of the color adding
white. Each time they mixed a different tint, they painted the wooden
spoon.The next class I had them bring their spoons to a large square of
painted (white)cardboard and we started with the darkest to the lightest
putting them in a radial format. It looked really neat when they were done-
Someone had given me a ton of these spoons, it was a great way to use them up.
Hope this makes sense. A really long day..! Betsy