1. What is the status of the Getty Trusts funding of support for pilot art programs in different areas of the country?
This is now being handled by the Getty Grant Program. You can contact their Michigan office for more information at 616-857-1754.
2. Who heads up the portion of the Getty Trust devoted to arts education in the schools?
There is no specific Getty program devoted to art education in the schools. The Museum Education's purpose is to provide arts education through the use of the artworks at the Getty Museum. Their educational emphasis is on a quality museum experience here at the Getty. Their Teacher Resource Room is easily available for use by appointment. Please contact Museum Education for school visits, Museum Family Room experiences and related Museum programs, 310-440-6749.
3. How do we contact this person or persons?
4. Is the Getty planning any more national forums to focus attention on arts education?
Not that I'm aware of.
5. Are any of the DBAE summer workshops still being held, if so where, and how do we get information on these programs?
This too has been shifted over to the Getty Grant Program. You can contact their Michigan office for more information about summer workshops at 616-857-1754 or e-mail jabel.
6. The new Getty center in LA, does it have docent programs and tours for children and older students?
Please refer to the main Getty Web site (www.getty.edu) for information about visiting the Getty and other various programs.
We hope this information is of help to you.
--- You are currently subscribed to artsednet as: hm-aen.edu To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-artsednet-4261K