RE: Artsednet club site

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kimberly Anne Herbert (kimberly)
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 11:11:45 -0600

The club is separate, but members of the listserve were invited to join. The
founder can kick people behaving inappropriately out of the club, I believe.
People can not send messages to the listserve from the club site. The club
can also provide a compromise for those who want to post attachments of
photographs to the list and those who have limited bandwith and can't
download multiple pictures easily. Members of the club can post pictures on
the club site and send a link here. I walked through the steps but stop
short of sending a picture. It seems every easy.
Kimberly Herbert
CAM Administrator

-----Original Message-----
From: MarshArt [MarshArt]
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 1999 9:51 AM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: Re: Artsednet club site

In a message dated 11/9/99 9:11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Olejarz2
writes:

<< I just set up a club on Yahoo for people of this list.

If you want to join go to:

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/artsednetters

The site enables you to post messages and there is also a Chat Room!

Harold and other Listees,
Will this open us up to other public cyber-traffic? The good thing about
Getty was that we went through their server and thus it eliminated the junk
mail and chances for viruses. Also, we needed to subscribe to join so we
didn't have to deal with other intrusions ( namely kids and weirdos email).
I believe this is how the List remained professional. Help. These has to be
an answer.

BTW, is the Getty Museum still open?

Marsha

---
You are currently subscribed to artsednet as: kimberly