Re: Who can tell us what happened to Gettu and Art Ed?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Lori Graham (graham24)
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 07:58:48 -0800

Hi Jill,
The Getty is splendid, even if the welcome party is out to lunch. I
suggest that you take the time to experience the architecture and the
site. There is an architectural tour every hour on the hour, so be
certain to catch one. Walk around the gardens and experience that, but
don't miss the little grotto on your way back up to the main area. By
all means try to watch the video "A Concert of Wills." It is allllll
about the building of the Getty...all the players, all the politics, all
the egos. This video is from PBS and well worth the viewing before you
go. Lunch at the fancy restaurant is quite a thrill...views and
food...magnificent in both cases. If you go on a Friday, there are
evening events. The views at night are spectacular. Enjoy!
Lori