Re: artsednet digest: November 09, 1999

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Christa Wise (cwise.us)
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 07:40:34 -0500

Everyday, or maybe every other, there is a new idea that makes looking at
all theses messages worth while. These things may be small, but they keep
me "fresh."

In recent weeks I have learned about Sargent's Copper paint (My students
love it), Siskel and Ebert critiques, critique "tokens," and banners and
calendars as ways to interface with the community. Sometimes I print these
and tape them to notecards to refer to when I am anxious to try something new.

I used to teach in a big ol' school with 10 art teachers. There
interaction with my colleagues was sufficient. Now I am head and foot of
the department for a 7-12 system of 325 kids. I find this listserve to be
a wonderful resource. As long as I get one new idea a week, I'll continue
to put up with the long list.