Re: Signatures

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Beth Goodwin (bgood)
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 23:35:46 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_02E0_01BF2BD4.50018040

Is perhaps the reason there is a rule about not having signatures on the =
front so there is no question of bias or influencing of the judges when =
it comes time for the awards?
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Linda Kelty=20
To: ArtsEdNet Talk=20
Sent: Sunday, November 07, 1999 12:19 PM
Subject: Re: Signatures

I think you should ask the judges for the reasoning behind the rule =
and how this compares with the history of artmaking and artists =
signatures. Judges are people too, and rules are generally made by =
committee and we all know how that works! Linda K.
Michal wrote:
I was trained to sign my name discreetly in the bottom right hand =
corner (as a general rule), and I have taught my students to do the =
same. Yet, last year when I took my student's artwork to our league =
contest, every one of our artworks were marked down in points for =
signatures appearing on the front. They said signatures distract from =
the artwork.=20

------=_NextPart_000_02E0_01BF2BD4.50018040

Is perhaps the reason there is a rule about not = having=20 signatures on the front so there is no question of bias or influencing = of the=20 judges when it comes time for the awards?