Re: making sketchbooks-- anyone have a lesson plan with inexpensive m aterials?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 19:21:10 -0700

Eliza Jones wrote:
> I've read a ton of great ideas for book-making on this web site, but I'd
> love advice from someone who is on a very tight budget, too. I'd like to
> have my 6th and 8th graders make their own sketchbooks. I'd like them to be
> substantial enough for frequent use and use decent paper.

The group sent me many great ideas along the same lines last
spring. Check the archives. I went with a cardboard backing,
poster board cover, white sulfite paper filler. Everything has
two holes punched at the top, and is secured with ring-binder
rings. Easy to add and remove paper. If the students are too
careless, though, the holes will start to tear. Use tape or hole