Re: Keep listserve together

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 18:15:00 -0600

I agree, we should stick it out. Put up with or delete the gripes (mine included),
the sales pitches, the small talk, the jokes, whatever bugs you. Just
chill out and
stay tuned. The Getty doesn't invest much in the server space so I
doubt we will
loose this forum. The rest I'm not sure about. I read the words Lani
Duke spoke
at the national. I wish I could have been there to console her and
question her
about the shift in emphasis. I've gotten to know her over the years and
I've attended
several Getty conferences and a few of those fantastic summer workshops.
They
were of tremendous value. Lani, Phil Dunn and Micky Day all spoke to
over 400
art educators in Kansas City in the early 80's. We got to know them and
even though
we argued with the Getty over the years, they were a strong proponent of
arts in the
schools. They have built a shinning cathedral in the hills above LA.
I'm sorry so little
of it is to be focused on the real world down here. If somebody knows different,
please let me know.
Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail