RE: signing student work

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Kimberly Anne Herbert (kimberly)
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 17:26:18 -0600

After reading this discussion. I've decided to make finding the artist's
signature one of the gallery activities for our current exhibit. Michael
McWillie signs his work with two M's and two dots underneath. It looks like
a little dog's face (I've tried to show it below). Since he paints pictures
of dogs it is a very appropriate signature. The kids get a kick out of it.

MM
* *

Kimberly Herbert
CAM Administrator

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron and Jennifer [THEGREEN99]
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 1999 3:44 PM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: Re: signing student work

I teach middle school/junior high. Let me ask this: should
kindergartners sign their work? Because that is the calibier of student I
have and that is not an exagerration. Some are close to third grade. If
there is something a student does which is "show quality", then they may
sign on the front. Of course then again, I guess my students would have to
learn how to SIGN their name to begin with. Many of them still don't know
cursive. Fifteen year old students who literally cannot read cursive.

Jennifer in Michigan

---
You are currently subscribed to artsednet as: kimberly