certification in michigan

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Julie Brady (jbrady)
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 15:55:30 -0500 (EST)

Jerry wrote:

>Strangely enough, as far as I know, elementary
>certified classroom teachers can teach art (gag!) at the elementary
>because there are no state requirements to have a degree in art at that
>level, which explains why we have so many mediocre art programs floating
>around, in my opinion.

I have both (a teaching degree for general elementary and a certification
in art education 1-8). I have taught art workshops with Very Special Arts,
the South Bend Regional Museum of Art, and I am in my second year of
teaching art at a public school. I will be moving into Michigan (St. Joe
area) fairly soon - does anyone one know of any openings? Mid-year or even
possibilities for next fall would be great. Thanks for your help!

Julie

  • Reply: Inland Lakes Schools: "Re: certification in michigan"