Re: Who can tell us what happened to Gettu and Art Ed?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 08:14:37 -0500

Tanya Jones wrote:
> Ive been wondering when something would come up on this list. Does anyone
> have other rumors? Better information?
> Does anyone know the status of the Getty Institutes' commitment to
> supporting art education, i.e. Artsednet, research, etc?
> Thanks,
> Christine Merriam
I wonder why an announcement was not posted to the group or at least
on their web page. It definitely sounds like a political decision,
the higher ups. What I do find interesting though was
as part of the Getty trust it was my understanding that a certain
amount was suppose to go to art education. Now the question is how
long will they support this talk group> perhaps they don't and we
are out there, floating in cyberspace. They still have a
subscription to artsednet talk on the web site and maybe it's set up
for one poor soul (Marlin Mowatt(sp?)) to take care of. I don't
understand why no attempt was made to find support, they never asked
the (900) people on this list to boast about them or raise our hands
in show of support. Perhaps people in the North Texas institute
might know- since they are also supported by getty. Nancy?
Pam? any answers?

Sandra
astroboy